A beautiful, trendy and warm hooded cowl that's more fashionable than your typical hood. Try it! This is a great free crochet pattern from Bernat Yarns.
If you love this crochet hood, be sure to check out our other hooded crochet patterns and crochet cowl free patterns: Aesthetic Hooded Scarf, Snowy Day Mobius Neckwarmer, One Hour Mobius Cowl, and Crochet Convertible Cowl.
- Bernat® Alpaca (100 g/3.5 oz; 110 m/120 yds)
- #93310 (Plum) 4 balls
- Crochet Hook: size 8 mm (U.S. L or 11) or size needed to obtain gauge.
Approx 29 ins [73.5 cm] around x 26 ins [66 cm] long.
9½ sts and 12 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pat.
- Ch 70 loosely. Join with sl st to first ch to form a ring, taking care not to twist chain.
- 1st rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in each ch around. Join with sl st to first ch.
- 2nd rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in next sc. 1 dc in next sc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first sc.
- 3rd rnd: Ch 3 (counts as dc). *1 sc in next dc. 1 dc in next sc.
Rep from * to last dc. 1 sc in last dc. Join with sl st to top of ch 3.
- 4th rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in next dc. 1 dc in next sc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first sc.
- Rep last 2 rnds for pat until from beg measures 26 ins [66 cm]. Fasten off.